About Our Funds
Touro Synagogue Support: These donations help support the various aspects of the operating budget
- Touro Synagogue Support (General Fund) - helps defray the operating costs of the congregation
- Adult Education - helps fund educational programs for adults
- Building Preservation Fund (Restricted fund for emergency capital repairs) - helps fund repairs to our facilities
- Caring and Mitzvah - helps support the initiatives undertaken by our Caring and Mitzvah group to cultivate community
- David Kanter Worship Fund - provides funding to enhance the worship experience at Touro Synagogue
- Discretionary Funds - allows our clergy to assist the congregation in supporting our community at their discretion
- Donald Mintz Lecture Fund (Speaker Events) - provides opportunities for Touro to produce speaker and lecture programs
- Hearing Impaired Assistance - helps provide listening devices and other equipment for use during worship
- Jazz Fest Shabbat Fund (restricted) - ensures the continued production of our annual Jazz Fest Shabbat worship
- Karen J. (Kitty) Greenberg Arts and Education Scholarship Fund – provides funding for our youth to attend Touro Synagogue Religious School, Henry S. Jacobs Camp, Hava Nashira Song Leaders program, Camp Kutz Leadership Camp, and NFTY conclaves and events
- Music/Choir - helps fund the adult choir and our music program
- Prayerbooks - helps fund the purchase of new Mishkan T’Filah prayer books and other worship books
- Pulpit Flowers/Shabbat Dinner Support - During these unprecedented times, we continue to gather as a community through virtual experiences. We recently shifted from streaming Shabbat services from the sanctuary to Zooming from our clergy's homes, and while we continue to practice social distancing, we have also decided to temporarily suspend ordering flowers for Shabbat. Until weekly flower sponsorships resume, we would instead like to offer sponsorship of our live stream. Your tribute will be acknowledged both before and during the Zoomed service, which will also conti
nue to be live-streamed through our Facebook page.
- Religious School Support - helps fund our fully accredited Religious School for ages Pre-K through 10th grade
- Security Fund - Supports Touro Synagogue’s security needs
- Torah Study Support - helps fund our weekly Torah Study group
- Youth Activities - helps fund activities for our children and youth group.
Touro Synagogue Foundation: These funds are given as gifts to the Foundation for a directed purpose
- General Foundation Fund - helps sustain our endowment which will serve as a souce of dependable and sizable income for our synagogue
- Adelaide Bergman Music Fund - assists in the presentation of the High Holiday music
- Barbara S. Loeb Tikkun Olam Fund - assists Touro Synagogue's social action initiatives within the Greater New Orleans community
- Debra Van Der Linden Sidelnik Memorial Fund (Youth Leadership) - supports scholarships for our students to attend youth leadership development programs
- Jackie Wolff Scholarship Fund (B'nai Mitzvah Education and Camp Scholarships) - supports life-long Jewish education for both children and teachers
- Robert (Bobby) Katz & Alice M. Katz Scholarship Fund (Henry S. Jacobs Camp Scholarships) - provides scholarships for Touro children to attend Henry S. Jacobs summer camp.
Sponsorship Opportunities: Touro Synagogue offers many sponsorship opportunities for you to consider in memory or in honor of someone you love or in celebration of a simcha. Click here for more information.
- Shabbat Livestream
- High Holy Day Livestream
- High Holy Day Pulpit Flowers