APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL FUNDS FOR FIRST TIME VISITS TO ISRAEL
With thanks to funds provided by a generous donor, Touro Synagogue has established a Travel Fund to be used for first time visits to Israel.
Recipients of funding will be required to provide a brief summary of their travel experiences. In addition, recipients may be asked to participate in discussions at Touro Synagogue.
We place an emphasis on providing funds to applicants who would otherwise be unable to travel to Israel due to lack of funding.
We encourage persons between the ages of 18 and 26 to consider applying for Birthright: Click here
In the interest of optimizing the use of available funds, travel fund assistance may only be used for:
• coach airfare tickets
• ground transportation to/from the airport
Funds may not be used for miscellaneous travel expenses including food, visa costs, non-airport transportation, baggage fees, etc.
It is our intent to use the funds to assist as many people as possible.
• We may offer partial assistance to multiple applicants to defray the travel costs.
• Lower cost travel funding requests are more likely to get approved.
• Decisions are final, but applicants may reapply in subsequent years.
• Reapplying after receiving a denial does not decrease or increase the chance of receiving travel funds.
If your travel fund application is approved, you will be required to show proof of travel expenses in order to be reimbursed.